RIPE transfer process RIPE transfer process of IPv4 & IPv6 addresses
1a. No Pre-Approval: Within the RIPE region, the Buyer does not require pre-approval for transfer of IPs. At the time a RIPE Transfer Agreement is submitted, the RIPE NCC simply requires that the Buyer is an LIR Member of the RIPE NCC in good standing.
1b. Pre-Approval: For Inter-RIR Transfers, specifically transfers into the RIPE Region from ARIN, a Buyer within RIPE must prove need to the RIPE NCC based on 50% usage within 5 years. This is the last step in the RIPE NCC due diligence process before a transfer is approved.
2. NDA: Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDAs) are signed to protect the conversation and discussion from disclosure about both parties’ confidential matters.
3. Block Examination: The buyer will examine the Seller’s IPv4 block both technically and legally to ensure it meets their approval. IPient provides expertise to assist with both aspects.
4. APA: An Asset Purchase Agreement defines the contractual terms and conditions between the parties. IPient has extensive legal experience in drawing these constructs, and can either work with in-house counsel or provide a template.
5. Payment Terms: The Buyer and Seller use some form of payment mechanism: an escrow account, a letter of credit, or a solicitor account. The Buyer deposits the funds as per the Asset Purchase Agreement payment mechanism.
6. Transfer: The transfer is made using the RIPE Transfer Agreement and Company Registration papers. The Seller’s submission of the request to RIPE is preferred. RIPE performs the transfer and updates the RIPE registry.
7. Payment: The payment is released to Seller.
8. Paperwork: Final documentation and closing conditions are completed. As an example, the seller must provide the buyer with a final Bill of Sale.
9. Announcement: Once the transfer is complete, the IPs are announced on the internet by the recipient buyer.
Whatever your level of expertise, from complete novice to technical expert, we can help you sell your IPv4 blocks.
Up to date
We fully up to date with RIR procedures
The entire process is completely transparent, with all set prices stated from the very start.